Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

My name is ***** ***** webster El capita in update stalked

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** webster El capita in update stalked . I tried safe mode Etc but after password ***** on my macbook it just keeps spinning .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Called apple support Tried safe mode, then command r until it's first Audi first aid. Still does not go past login
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: It's macbook pro retina 2915
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you do the following pleaseShut down your Mac.Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. Turn on your Mac.Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.Release the keys.Tell me if you can then sign in please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I have done that without success .
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jus the spinning wheel below my login name
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also did command r and ran the disk utility first aid withou vsucess
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ThanksPower off the MacHold the SHIFT key down and with it held down, power it on and tell me if you can then sign in (keep shift held until your at the sign in window please)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you but I had tried that safe mode too without success. I see I have a remote session suggestion but without
Login how can that be achieved.? The only success so far is that I can get to recovery with command R. But I am afraid to go on. Does that lose data ? Apple support promised to call back but. Failed. I have scheduled another apple support in a 6 hours at 9 am Nz time. Any other ideas from you ?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the following which will not effect data at all but repairs the hard diskPower off the mac Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup. Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc. Click the First Aid tab. Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions. Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD"). Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk. Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Same issue unfortunately.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Can you power off your internet router.With it off, so the computer has no internet, then try to start the computer and sign inLet me know the results please