tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

I added 3 new ip cameras

Customer Question

I added 3 new ip cameras to my network and I cannot find the cameras on my network.
The cameras are "Dahua IPC-HFW4300S". They're going into my PoE switch, then into my router. I also have 16 cameras that were previously installed. I can see all of them properly.
I am thinking the problem, may be an IP conflict. My router is on a gateway of 192.168.0.1 and the camera's come defaulted to 192.168.1.8
But if I change my router gateway to 192.168.1.1, there's a conflict with the modem, which also uses that gateway, then the router defaults back to the original IP.
Troubleshooting, I unplugged the modem so it couldn't grab that IP address and successfully changed the router gateway to 192.168.1.1, but I still couldn't find the 3 new cameras! On advice on finding them? I am on Mac. Thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.I was thinking that the Dahua IPC 4300s used the default ip of 192.168.1.108.Are you using safari browser?Did you run the mini cd that came with the cameras?Run this device finder and see if finds the cameras and the default ip shows up on the cameras.>CLICK HERE<
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy,
I am using Safari. I tried the network device finder, but it's not finding anything! I also tried "Ip Scanner Home" which found about 20+ devices, but none are the 3 new cameras.I have 5 relatively new Macs in this house... and NONE of them have cd-rom drives!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got this figured out. I used a program called "Bonjour Browser" for Mac and it pulled them up. Can you close this out and refund? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you submit the refund? The only way I can get it on my end is if I give you a bad rating, which I am trying to avoid on your behalf.
Yes, I can do that for you.