Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mac book air will not boot up JA: Thanks. Can

Customer Question

***** *****, Mac book air will not boot up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Apple logo and spinning wheel only
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hold the power button for 10 seconds then start it up and hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo. This will activate Safe boot and it will check the drive for errors among other things. It may take longer to boot and you may see a progress bar during part of the process. If it starts up OK… login then restart the normal way from the Apple Menu. Let me know after.If you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Did that fix your problem or do you need more assistance?