Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My MAC will only let me type in numbers. My password ***** numbers

Customer Question

My MAC will only let me type in numbers. My password ***** numbers and 2 letters but it stops after I type the first letter so I cannot log in. I first noticed a problem when I was trying to open a new window in safari and couldn't type anything in the box so I shut down and restarted and now I cannot even get past the password.
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Is there anything else important you think the Mac Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. It sounds like you may have Mouse Keys enabled on a keyboard that has no numeric keypad or Num Lock key. can yo tell me what version of OSX you have on your computer? For instance is it El Capitan, or Mountain Lion or something else?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Do you still need assistance with this? Please advise.