Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My mac keep freezing up JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

My mac keep freezing up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It just started a couple weeks ago. Just a few times at first now when I rest the cursor on the open page for a few minutes it freezes. if i leave it on the desk top it's ok
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. This happens if there is any issue with the hard drive. Either the hard drive is failing or the system files are corrupted. First backup all your important files to an external hard drive and then do the following steps. Turn off your Mac by holding down Power button for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 20 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Disk Utility. Select your hard disk at left column (Macintosh HD or hard disk name). Then click Verify Disk (under First Aid). If asked to repair, click Repair Disk. Then click Repair Permission. If you are using latest Mac OS X El Capitan, then you will not see Repair Disk option in Disk Utility. Instead click First Aid button and run it. Repair if asked. Then restart from Apple menu. If that didn't work, then turn it off. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time for 5 seconds, then release the keys and immediately hold down Shift key for 20 seconds. This will boot into Safe Mode. Does it freeze in Safe Mode ? Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Let me try those things and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Sure. Take your time and let me know the results please