Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I sync my I phone with my pc on yesterday, it wiped out all

Customer Question

I sync my I phone with my pc on yesterday, it wiped out all of my text messages and removed some new items that I had placed on the phone... it now has several of the old features that were on my old I phone. How do I recover my most recent information.
2) I was trying to download pictures from my phone to my pc...(the reason I sync) pictures still did not do I do this? This feature worked on my old I phone
3) after sync...I now get a buz sound when ever I receive an email, how do I turn it off.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm very sorry that you lost your files. Unfortunately you can't undo it. What you did was, you restored an older backup of your old iPhone to your new iPhone. It is almost impossible to recover overwritten data from the iPhone. Your only hope is iCloud backup. If there is an iCloud backup, then you can restore your phone to that backup. Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and do you see a more recent backup there ? If so, you can erase your iPhone and restore to that iCloud backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. After erasing the iPhone, it will ask you to setup it. While setting up, select Restore from iCloud and this will restore your iPhone to more recent backup. (Before erasing or doing above steps, connect the iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes. Select your iPhone in iTunes. Click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected. This is to backup the current setup your iPhone) Re 2nd question. You can manually download the photos using This PC (or Computer). First download and install latest version of iTunes on your computer from here : Then connect your iPhone to your computer. If asked to trust the computer on your iPhone, tap Trust Computer. Open My Computer or This PC. You can find your iPhone in there. Open it and you can find the pictures of your iPhone's memory (open all folders to see your pictures). Just copy and paste them to your computer or click and drag them to your computer. 3) If you don't want the email sound, go to the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Sounds. Swipe down to "New Mail" and tap it. Then under Alert Tones you should tap on "None" at the top of the list Let me know how it goes. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.