Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I found a ipad when i tried to activated it ask me icloud

Customer Question

I found a ipad when i tried to activated it ask me for a icloud account and i dont have the password
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
When ipads are lost, they are locked to the icloud account that they were registered to. The only way to unlock or use the ipad, is to enter the correct icloud password. Since you found this ipad, you probably dont have access to the icloud account it was registered to. The only way to get this working without having access to the icloud account, is to call apple, provide proof of ownership or purchase.. And then they will help you reset the password. Otherwise, the ipad is for all intents and purposes a paper weight. Theres no way to bypass that icloud activation lock unless you can prove you are the owner~ If you have further questions or concerns, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
One of our other Mac technicians brought this to my attention.. The link below contains some useful tricks for finding the owner of the ipad. If you have any further questions, let me know! D.S