sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Working and Troubleshooting in MAC.
15197395

I just purchased an iPad from QVC; I wish to know the basics

Customer Question

I just purchased an iPad from QVC; I wish to know the basics on how to use this portable piece of electronics.
Category: Mac
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 7 months ago.
I have found a video link, in which you will get the basics to use the iPad. I am posting this link as I think a video will be much better instead of typing the instructions here. Please let me know if you want any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anxmyuMgbp8
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the iPad plugged into an electrical connection and see the red "On light", but the screen is still black; what should I do next?
//":>}
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I suspect that my "black screen" is just due to my not knowing how to rememdy the problem. I do appreciate your help, because otherwise I'm back to the starting place, hoping to get an answer.
//":>}
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm waiting for an answer. Al
Here are the steps to power on the iPad. To do this, press both the Power and Home buttons and hold them down. Keep holding both buttons down until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. The logo should appear between ten and twenty seconds after you start holding the buttons. After the Apple logo appears, your iPhone or iPad will boot back up normally.
It is not possible for anyone to connect with your iPad and power on it through The Internet, so remote support will not help in your case. Please follow the steps given above to power on the iPad and let me know or you can watch the video from the link below.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrVFY8v5q6Q
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This might sound crazy, but I haven't been able to find the "POWER" button; please excuse my ignorance. I found the small connect button on the bottom right side of the iPad, but the light hasn't gone on yet. The only red light is showing that the pad is connected.
//":>}
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your support; I will wait for your reply.
//":>}
I think, you are not getting all my replies. Here it is again. Watch the video for the power button. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrVFY8v5q6Q
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have other things to do so I will come back later.
//":>}
Did you watched the video ?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, Al! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. I will be happy to provide detailed instructions for you to get your ipad turned on and setup. If you'd like I can even offer a phone call to walk you through this. Please advise.
Please let me know, when you want to continue.