John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

My Mac won't shut down because it says I photo is importing

Customer Question

My Mac won't shut down because it says I photo is importing photos. I photo cancels the shut down. I think the camera was disconnected before importing was completed but photos are now deleted from the camera. How do I stop I photo cancelling shutdown, as there is nowhere I can find to force quit I photo as there was in the earlier versions. I am using I photo 9.6.1(910.42)
Lyn
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Lyn! Click the Apple menu at the top left of the screen. Choose Force Quit... Select iPhoto from the list in the new window that opens and then click the Force Quit button. When it has finally quit, try shutting down. If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing. Thanks and good luck,John
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Ot used to the force Quit being in the Apple Menu and as I have just started using this version of Mac Os wondered why I could not find it on each application. Thanks for the help, was able to shut down.
You are very welcome! If the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.Please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Insert “For John T. F. only” in your initial question and you can, also, submit new questions directly via the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/ John