Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My iPhone is messing up & I need to get a new one. How do I

Customer Question

My iPhone is messing up & I need to get a new one. How do I download all photos & contacts to save to the phone I am going to purchase?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. We can backup the old iPhone to your computer using iTunes and then restore that backup to your new iPhone. On your old iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone. Then download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes. Then connect the old iPhone to your computer. iTunes will recognize it. Then select your iPhone icon at the upper left, next to Musics, Movies etc icons. This will bring the Summary screen of iPhone. Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPhone to your computer. Then disconnect the old iPhone. Then on your new iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Do all software updates. Then connect the new iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPhone at top left. Then this time click Restore Backup button and from the list of backups, select the backup of your old iPhone from the drop down menu. Click Restore. Basically, this will clone everything (all files) of your old iPhone to new one. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask