Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I'm running El Capitan version 10.11.4. I've always used He

Customer Question

I'm running El Capitan version 10.11.4. I've always used Hebrew fonts without any trouble but it seems the last OS update I performed changed the way the font book works. When I try to use the Hebrew fonts it changes it to one of the regular, non-Hebrew fonts. Even when I open an old file in ANY program with Hebrew fonts it gives me a message stating the unfound fonts are being changed to regular fonts. But they are in the font book. Any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 7 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.RegardsJins
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO i do not want the remote connection. Only the answer to my question.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been waiting for Jins M. N. to answer my question. I expect it to be answered in a timely manner.
If so please try the following: Go to Library/SystemMigration/History/Migration-xxxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx/ QuarantineRoot/System/Library/FontsCopy all the fonts from there.Paste it to the following folders(If system warns you about replacing some fonts, continue by replacing the fonts):Macintosh HD > System > Library > FontsMacintosh HD > Library > FontsMacintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > FontsRegardsJins
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I followed your links all the way to Library/SystemMigration/History/Migration-xxxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx/ QuarantineRoot/System/Library. However there is no "fonts" after Library, so I cannot continue with the solution.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is what follows LIBRARY in the tree:
Library
CoreServices
Keychains
LaunchAgents
Filesystems
StagedFrameworks
ConfigurationProfiles
Extensions.mkext.XBBI
Extensions.mkext.RJWl
Extensions.mkext.U5LSAs you can see: no FONTS
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any chance for an answer?
Okay, if so please check on following folders and make sure you have all Hebrew fonts installed on these locations: Macintosh HD > System > Library > FontsMacintosh HD > Library > FontsMacintosh HD > Users > [username] > Library > FontsRegardsJins
Please try using Hebrew with Pages and Text Edit and check whether it is working or not.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I do that? I Tried to copy from the font book. that didn't work. I tried to move the fonts. that didn't work.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just can't seem to get the fonts in my font book to work with any application
Okay, then please remove your Hebrew fonts and re-install. Restart the system and check again. Please refer https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201749 to see how to remove and re-install fonts. RegardsJins
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So what you're saying is that I now have to go print seven pages of Mac Basics: Font Book and try to resolve my problem that way. No sir. I don't think so. That's what I was going to pay your company $40.00 to do for me.So with all due respect I have not had my issue resolved and I would like a refund on the $5.00 I paid you.
Jacob Goldman
You need not print that Apple knowledge base article. You only need to Remove the Hebrew fonts from your system Then restart the system and re-install hebrew fonts. To uninstall : On Font book, select the Hebrew Fonts in the Collection column, select the name of the font in the Font column, then choose File > Remove "Font Name" Family. Font Book will move those font files into the Trash. To install: Download the font file you have on your disk and click on install button on the font preview window. If you don't have the font files, you need to download it to install. RegardsJins