Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I want to set up my phone and have chosen wifi

Customer Question

***** ***** I want to set up my phone and have chosen wifi . I have a check mark but it doesn't do anything after that
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got a new phone today at the att store and have been trying since 3 pm to get it started
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: It says choose a wifi and I have but nothing else happens
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now what
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It says choose another network
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. After choosing your WiFi network (make sure there is a check mark next to it to ensure it is connected to it). Then tap Next at top right and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. If that didn't work, then you will see a small "Use Cellular Connection" option. Use it to continue setting up. See this sample video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wGZabK70vk Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It did not work
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not happy with this, I guess I will have to go back to the store tomorrow after being there almost 2 hours today
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. This will boot it back to hellow screen. Try again. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry about that. This usually happens if there is an issue with the internet connection. First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. This will boot it back to hello screen.Connect to WiFI network and hit Next at top right. This will bring the next screen if the internet is working. If that didn't work, could you please try to connect to different WiFi network ? A WiFi connection is temporarily needed to activate the iPhone. You can connect it to any WiFi network like public wifi, library wifi etc