tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.

I am ***** ***** JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question

Hi, I am ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Mac. Somehow my iTunes failed to load starting from a couple of days ago. It kept on churning out the error code 42037
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 6 months ago.
You will need to uninstall and then reinstall iTunes. You will not lose any of your music because it is stored on a separate file.To uninstall, drag the iTunes application file to the Trash, the system will stop you and present a warning message. Then disregard OS X’s warning and uninstall iTunes, navigate to the Applications folder and find the iTunes app file (/Applications/ Right-click (or Control-click) on iTunes and select Get Info. Locate and click on the padlock icon on the bottom right side of the window and enter your admin password. This is necessary in order to make changes to the app’s permission settings. Next, expand the Sharing & Permissions section of the window if it’s not already visible and change the privileges for “everyone” to Read & Write. This will give us complete control of the iTunes application so that we can override the operating system’s warning and delete it.Close the Get Info window and try again to drag the iTunes application file to the Trash. This time, there’s no warning, and the file is immediately trashed. Empty the Trash to complete the process.iTunes is now no longer installed on your Mac, to reinstall iTunes, just launch the Mac App Store’s Software Update section (or the old standalone Software Update if you’re running a version of OS X prior to Mountain Lion. With iTunes absent from your hard drive, Software Update will automatically offer to install it for you again. Alternatively, you can manually download and launch the iTunes installer from Apple’s website.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried that already. Didn't work
okay, I will open this back up. Another expert will be with you soon.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant, it didn't help the issue