Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My I pad asks a passcode to restart and I don't know

Customer Question

My I pad asks for for a passcode to restart and I don't know what they are looking for
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 11 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it asking for the (4-digit) passcode? Or is it asking for the Apple ID password?Please reply at the box below. thank you.
Please try the following fix for the passcode issue:Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, you can download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPad until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to turn off.Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.Click Restore / factory reset, and continue.Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvkWhen you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.