Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Canon 5500 series printer prints only blank sheets. There

Customer Question

Canon 5500 series printer prints only blank sheets. There is an error message "spool area full."
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to print from TextEdit on my older Mac and printer just spits out blank paper.
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Is there anything else the Mac Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know the right questions to ask! I'm 78 years old and hopelessly computer illiterate! Even if you come up with a solution I probably won't understand the language well enough to interpret it, let alone describe the problem any better than I have.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you please provide the complete model number of the printer, rather than the series.Can you also try making a photocopy directly from the glass, how does that come out?