Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I don't r emember my password ***** original since 1991JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

I don't r emember my password ***** original since 1991
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I downloaded a new app, to launch it requires that it is from a secure website, I need my password ***** change my Security settings
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: H-E-L-P
JA: Forgive me, but I'm not following. One more time, please?
Customer: Just saying "HELP"!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What version of Mac OS X are you using ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. You can find the version there
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 or later version of OS X, then you can reset the password ***** booting into Mac OS X Utilities screen. First go to System Preferences select iCloud. Click Sign Out button there and sign out. If asked to delete or keep stuffs, select Keep. If you only see Delete, then click Delete or OK. It is OK, you can reconnect to iCloud later. Ignore this step if you can't find iCloud or if you are already signed out. Then follow the steps below to reset the password. Turn off your Mac.Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 10 seconds.This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu.Click on the “Utilities” menu in top bar and select “Terminal".Type (without space) : resetpassword ***** return. This will bring Reset Password ***** Select the hard disk at top column, select the user account from the drop down under it, confirm the user account and then change password ***** Save. Then click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown. Turn it back on. After restarting, if you get any message about Keychain then click Create New Keychain. If you are still getting keychain error, then reset the keychain access database. Follow the steps below to reset Keychain; Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.Authenticate with your account login password (the password ***** reset earlier).Quit Keychain Access. Then try to install your application using your new password. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.