Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

How do I search lost document in OS X El Capitan?

Customer Question

How do I search for a lost document in OS X El Capitan?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Instead of typing the file name in Spotlight (searchbox/maginifier at top right of your Mac), type the content of the document like some sentence or words in that document. If that didn't work, then type the extension of that document in spotlight. For eg, if this is a Word document then type .docx in Spotlight and it will list all the documents on your Mac. Check if you can find your document there. Let me know how it goes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
If you tell me how did you lose that document, then I may be able to provide a direct solution. Let me know