Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Pages has spinning wheel of death, I want to save document

Customer Question

Pages has spinning wheel of death, I want to save document but don't know how - don't want to do force quit and lose it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I think the pages document has frozen because the software needs updating but can't update and restart that because the pages program has spinning wheel of death on it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's all - I have sorted everything and tidied it up and it still won't stop spinning
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm sorry. If it is frozen, then your only option is force quit it. It is not going to stop spinning if it has stopped responding. If you have saved it at least one time, then it will be auto saved (only if you are using 10.7 or later version). Pages itself doesn't have the AutoSave feature but OS X 10.7 or later has. Force quit Pages. Then open your document. Look at the file name at the top, click on Locked and click "Browse All Versions". Do you see your document there ? See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202255
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.
Also looks on these locations and see if you can find the document there. Hold down Option key, click on Go menu and select Library. Open Autosave Informations folder and check there. If you don't see Autosave information folder there, then open Containers folder. Open com.apple.Pages > Data > Library > Autosave Information If you see Mobile Dcouments folder in Library, then check that folder as well. These are the places where the document could have saved.