Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Pearl. I installed TT over the weekend, began my taxes

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I installed TT over the weekend, began my taxes and when I went back in today, began receiving messages that the software unexpectedly shut down. Got the report problem window, did that. Problem keeps repeating even after I reinstalled the software. Running it on a MAc.
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. First things first, I need to know what version of mac osx you have installed. Heres how you can check. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OS X version 10.11.4
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Ive sent an offer for remote support, that would allow me to connect to your mac directly and fix the problem in person. Our remote support offer is guaranteed, meaning if I was unsuccessful, youd be entitled to a full refund. If you would like me to connect, then accept the offer and we will go over the connection steps. With that being said, Ill proceed with some written repairs below. Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the top right click first aid. Let that repair run its course. Once complete.. We need to go to your user / library / preferences folder and find the file and trash that file This link should help you show and locate the user library folder. Then, try to start turbotax again. Let me know if its working now, or if it still crashes. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.