Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified

Hey david, my name is***** have a problem with my MacBook

Customer Question

Hey david, my name is***** have a problem with my MacBook Pro retina display which essentially got worse throughout the day. It began by trying to videoshop a 30 minute long video which to get a 10 second clip out of it however iMovie when clicked on just bounced on the trackbar and then disappeared without starting iMovie. Investigating this further I read I needed to remove all the files that queue up when logging on which I did and this resulted in a few other apps not being able to be turned on, namely photobooth. There was a pop up message that appeared in the top right corner reminding me of updating my computer however when clicking on it, the wheel of death started and froze the PC. I manually turned off the mac since it was frozen, and when I logged back on later still more apps couldn't be used such as google chrome and system preference. The wheel of death persisted again when clicking, with no end in sight, and each time I rebooted the mac manually. Essentially now, I can't even log into my account other than in safe mode, as when I enter my password ***** mac freezes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well it pretty much started with the wheel of death occurring continuously, non stop. Nothing that I clicked on worked, and so after manually rebooting the mac, I began witnessing more on more apps becoming unusable
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Luka
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Please reply back and let me know if you still need assistance with this?