Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I think my Macbook Air has a virus. Is there any way of checking

Customer Question

I think my Macbook Air has a virus. Is there any way of checking this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it's slow and it shuts itself down then I get an error report
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I'm quite technologically challenged.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please? Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen Select "About This Mac" In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yosemite
Thanks, ***** ***** please download and run the following tool?http://www.etresoft.com/download/EtreCheck.zip It will collect information about your system for diagnostic purposes. Run the app once it has downloaded On the first screen, feel free to choose a problem but you can leave description blank since you’ve already told me. Next, click “Start EtreCheck”. When it is finished collecting data, click “Share Report” and choose "Copy report to clipboard" Then click “I Accept” and paste it back to me as a reply. (You should be able to paste it back by right-clicking or Ctrl-clicking where you type your reply to me and then choosing Paste from the pop-up menu). Once I receive that and have a chance to look it over we can then proceed. Thanks,John