Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a Mac. I'm running OS x El Capitan on it. I have Sophos

Customer Question

I have a Mac. I'm running OS x El Capitan on it. I have Sophos on it. It found items like malware on it. When I try to remove the items it won't let me. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Macs are invulnerable to most of all malware or virus out there. There are some browsers hijackers or adware there, but not any serious malware or virus. Get rid of Sophos. Then download and install this Malwarebytes Anti Malware application on your Mac from here --> Open Malwarebytes and do a scan with it. If it found anything, then delete them. That's it. Malwarebytes is the best malware removable tool out there and it is free. It can find and remove all malwares. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask