tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.
62741268

Why isn't my phone icon on my iPad?

Customer Question

Why isn't my phone icon on my iPad?
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The Phone App does not exist on an iPad. Those options are only available on iPhones.You cannot dial a number from an iPad however you can place calls by tapping the number in a Contact in the Contacts app.If you have an iPhone, you can use Continuity to place Cellular calls through the iPhone from the iPad,by again tapping the phone icon next to the Phone number in a contact in the Contacts App. Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support Once again, there is no Phone App (icon) on an iPad.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I know you're a technician, but I used to be able to get phone calls and dial out with a keypad on my iPad
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you get my last message that I used to have it, honestly, I used to get phone calls on it and I know I had a keypad
yes, have you updated the ios recently on the iPad?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
okay, try this please>On your iPad , go to Settings > FaceTime > Calls from iPhone and tap Upgrade to Wi-Fi Calling.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK I'll try it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not see the upgrade Wi-Fi button. It says this cannot be made from your iPad.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no>calls from iPhone there where you told me to look.
okay, does it have Settings > FaceTime and turn on iPhone Cellular Calls?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't see that, honestly. I will look again.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, that button has been on.
okay, do you know if it was wifi calling that you were using?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have no idea. Sorry. I hate this kind of thing with this high-tech stuff. It dries me nuts.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, I just realized it was not Wi-Fi calling that I was using.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I see the little phone icon after I hit the contact person, I touch on that and it says call failed. It says that with all the other ones too.
okay, try this please>Tap General at the top to return to the previous menu.Tap Settings at the top to return to the previous menu.Tap on FaceTime.Turn the iPhone Cellular Calls option Off and then back On again.Reboot your iPad.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, I had to get away from it for a few
Ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, I turn the cellular calls thing off and then back on again and now it seems like I lost all my contacts. I don't know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's OK, I will just go to the Apple Store, I was there today. Can you please take me off the monthly payment list though and verify it for me please. I'm still going to give you a great rating.
Thank you. Customer service will be glad to do that for you.