Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified

Currently use 9.5.2 ...import .txt data production.

Customer Question

Currently use 9.5.2 ...import .txt data for catalog production. Always used older version of quark with third party extensions for indexing, auto price, etc. Have not made those upgrades; want to use the index capabilities of Quark.
Currently working on small catalog, manipulating client excel data to .txt to import in Quark. Trying to figure out how to "tag" the Model Nos. in order to create a simple index without having to highlight each one (over 5,000).
Thank you in advance.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sherry, You can add tags using Excel if you open the .txt file in Excel using a suitable delimiter.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand that, have been doing that for years. My original question included the tags I have used in the past that do not seem to be working with Quark's new 'built in' Index ... I am looking for the appropriate delimiter.I have manually tagged a few Model Nos. then extracted as text to view. The symbol appears to be [ ] when I add that to the excel file and import the [ ] appears around the model nos. but Quark does not recognize them as tags to generate an index.Trying to avoid manually tagging thousands of model nos.
Again - I am looking for the delimiter that Quark needs for indexing.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Ok, let me see if someone else can assist you further with this...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much. I am on deadline, of course :)