Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

IPad telling me it's got 2 virus' JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

iPad telling me it's got 2 virus'
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm trying to go on a movie site and it won't play the movies cause it saying that my iPad got 2 viruses
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Just want to know how to get rid of them. It told me to download an onavo extend thing and I did but it didn't get rid of the viruses
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 8 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What movie site was it?Do you mean Safari app is not working on your iPad right now?When does the virus appear?Are you able to open the Settings app icon on your iPad?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Please try the following fix:- Open Settings app icon, then tap on option Safari on the left, then scroll down on the right, then tap on option Clear History and Website Data, and confirm Clear, then open Safari app icon, and check.Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried clearing the safari and still not doing anything
1. Please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit.2. Then clear Safari again: Open Settings app icon, then tap on option Safari on the left, then scroll down on the right, then tap on option Clear History and Website Data, and confirm Clear , then open Safari app icon, and check.- If that does not work, when do you see the virus appear on the iPad? Does it happen automatically when you power on the iPad? Or does it happen when you opening Safari app? Or another app? etc.?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's says. https:/ducayparaokay.xyz
warning!
Apple iPad is infected with virus and immediate action is required.Continue and follow the instructions to fix your iPad. Do not close this window.**Exit at your own risk**And at the bottom is the blue colored OK
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
After I hit Ok there a black warning telling me I have 5 minutes or it will corrupt my SIM card, data and photos
If you do the following:1. Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit for the iPad to reboot2. Then swipe / log in your iPad3. Then right away, does that warning popup message appear right away? Or do you have to open something first in order for that popup to appear?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it only comes up on that movie site just as the movie is about to start
1. What is that movie site / website address link?2. Do you go to that movie site in Safari app? Or in another app?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried it on safari and on google it's m4ufree.info
Usually, when you go to most free movie sites, it gives lots of popups and ads.Can you try that movie site in the Chrome app? You can download / install the Chrome app in App Store.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe it's just the one particular movie I'm trying to watch, just tried a couple other movies and they play just fine
Then it looks like that particular movie is bad. Can you provide me the full site for that movie? And/or please provide me the full name and year of that movie. Please let me know, so I can check on my device. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The site is m4ufree.info and the movie is the newest Star Wars movie
Is it Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2015?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Please try the direct website link below for that Star Wars movie, and check:http://m4ufree.info/star-wars-the-force-awakens-2015-full-movie-oacdf9iy.html, or use the shorter website link below, and check:www.tinyurl.com/hukdwfuPlease let me know. Thank you.