Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am trying to purchase music, but Apple said I cannot use

Customer Question

I am trying to purchase music, but Apple said I cannot use credit card on file. I just used it twice last week with no problem. It is a Visa
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 11 months ago.
Hi Karen! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.By chance, have you ever reported an unauthorized iTunes purchase to Apple? The reason I ask is that Apple's standard practice is to deny further purchase attempts from otherwise-valid cards if they have ever been reported used for fraudulent or unauthorized purchases.Barring that as a possibility, have you tried to enter your card again using iTunes on your computer (versus the app store on your iPhone -- or vice-versa?). You can also try to authorize a different card, and then immediately switch back to using the card you prefer.Please let me know if any of that helps!