Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am trying to purchase music, but Apple said I cannot use

Customer Question

I am trying to purchase music, but Apple said I cannot use credit card on file. I just used it twice last week with no problem. It is a Visa
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Karen! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.By chance, have you ever reported an unauthorized iTunes purchase to Apple? The reason I ask is that Apple's standard practice is to deny further purchase attempts from otherwise-valid cards if they have ever been reported used for fraudulent or unauthorized purchases.Barring that as a possibility, have you tried to enter your card again using iTunes on your computer (versus the app store on your iPhone -- or vice-versa?). You can also try to authorize a different card, and then immediately switch back to using the card you prefer.Please let me know if any of that helps!