Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.

I suddenly have a MAC IOS alert On my Safari, I get a message

Customer Question

I suddenly have a MAC IOS alert
On my Safari, I get a message stay on page or leave page. Neither work.
"A fix for SSL connections"
They give me a number to call(###) ###-#### ***** it is a Verizon number. What next?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi Hans! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.The number you relayed in your message does not belong to McAfee; the message you are seeing is being generated by a malicious website.To fix this issue, force-quit Safari (click your APPLE menu, choose FORCE QUIT, then select SAFARI from the list and click the blue FORCE QUIT button). To be extra cautious, you may want to reboot your computer. After your computer reboots, Safari will be usable for you again...but if you are prompted to "re-open the windows from your last session," be sure to say NO.That should get you back in business! If you run into trouble or have any additional questions, please let me know.
Hi again Hans...did that work for you? Please advise.