Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

When I turned my ipad on it asked me passcode ( a 4 digit

Customer Question

When I turned my ipad on it asked me for a passcode ( a 4 digit number) I have had it since Christmas and it has never asked for one before. I did not set up a passcode.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 8 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the (4-digit) passcode?Was the iPad updated recently?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes, i wish it wasn't
Please try the following fix:Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer. If needed, you can download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/If possible, press & hold the Power button on the iPad until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to turn off.Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.Click OK or Restore / factory reset.Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times. - If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvkPlease reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried the instructions and was really excited because it looked like it was going to work but it didn't. Got error message 3194. So I tried to update Itunes. That didn't work (error updating). So, I asked my husband if he could load Itunes on his work PC. He did and I tried the instructions on that pc. The Ipad seemed to know that it was looking to connect to Itunes, but the pc did not recognize the Ipad.
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry; it is strange. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?- Can you please connect the iPad to a USB port at the back of his work PC and tried the steps again?- If that does not work, please click on the website below:https://www.icloud.com/find, then there, sign in your Apple ID account (which is the email address associated with your iPad), then click on the option All Devices at the top, then click on your iPad item there, then click on Erase and confirm, then check.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am printing your latest instructions. I will give it a try. My son upgraded to computer to windows 10 a couple of months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I actually cannot try it on my husband's work pc - he went to bed and I don't have his password. I tried the icloud thing on my reg computer but it does not find the ipad. I will try to do the instructions tomorrow on my husbands PC.
OK. If you set to Erase in iCloud, then go to the website below:https://www.icloud.com/find, then there, sign in your Apple ID account (which is the email address associated with your iPad), then click on the option All Devices at the top, then click on your iPad item there, then cancel the Erase option there.- OK, tomorrow, please connect your iPad to a USB port at the back of his work PC and try the steps again. (If needed, connect a USB flash drive or an external USB hard drive to a USB port at the back of his PC to see if the USB ports on his PC are working.), and/or you can try on any other computer- If there is still any issue, I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the iPad directly through your computer for you.Please let me know. Thank you.