Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I'm trying to do a recovery. Along the way they ask for

Customer Question

I'm trying to do a recovery. Along the way they ask for and Apple ID and password. I put in my current Apple ID and also verified it. It is correct but when I enter that ID I get an error saying that "that cannot be used for the Apple ID" I suspect they want the original ID and password. I don't have that. I do have the device serial number - F78GW0ZFFHL. This is an iPhone 5C, can you help?
JA: Pardon me? Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.It is possible that you are typing your Apple ID incorrectly. Please type it here and I will check if it is a valid Apple ID account.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.Thanks,IT Miro