Matt, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer support expert with years of experience and relevant positions in the field.
67051558

How do I reboot my ipad

Customer Question

how do I reboot my ipad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello, there are a few ways that you can do this. You can either press and hold the button at the top right of the iPad.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
You will get a message that says "Slide to Power Off". Swipe over that bar and the device will shut off.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
In other cases, you need to perform a hard reset because it doesn't seem to be functioning properly. If that is the case, you can press and hold both the top right button, and the button on the face of the iPad (the home button). The screen will go black, and the apple logo will appear. At that point you can release the buttons.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
I hope this helped you, were you able to reboot your iPad?
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
I should have mentioned, after following the first method, you will need to press the same top right button to power it back on.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
I hope that I have met or exceeded your expectations for support. At your convenience, please mark this request as answered. If there is anything else I can do or could have done to receive your highest rating, please don't hesitate to let me know. It was a pleasure working with you!