Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.

I have a Nikon Coolscan V scanner that I have not used in years.

Customer Question

I have a Nikon Coolscan V scanner that I have not used in years. I hooked it up to my Mac computer (OS X v.10.10.5) and got an error message that the scanner software was no longer supported. Is my scanner useless or can I obtain software that will allow my scanner to work with my computer?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing or not you can get UPDATED software to run on OSX10.10.5 has yet to be seen..Please standy-by as i pull the tech and user manuals.
I have FOUND your Answer, and it comes by way of Nikon Staff.I took a screenshot of the Nikon Staff member posting to the Forum about OSX 10.6.x, and any version ABOVE it, would ALSO fall under this category.Unfortunately, this Nikon CoolScan5 ED is no longer supported on OSX version 10. However, you can use 3rd Party tools such as Vuescan to get around the fact that NIKON no longer officially supports the type of scanner you have (CoolScan5 ED) so have a look at this link for Vuescan: image attached in link below for the Nikon Staff answer in the forum confirming this:
Any response?