JazzyJ72
JazzyJ72, Mac Specialist
Experience:  IT Business Owner I have worked on Macs for over 14 years
55485381

Safari won't open my gmail. JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

Safari won't open my gmail.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Safari fails to open my gmail.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all. Thanks!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a MacBook Pro laptop. I don't know what Mac OS X is. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgable.
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.
What happens when you open Gmail website ? Are you getting any errors ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The message says there are "too many redirects."
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, there is an issue with your payment so I was unable to accept the remote service request. You may need to contact your credit card company and ask them to approve payment to JustAnswer. Meantime, follow the steps below to fix it. Open Safari. Click on Safari menu and select Clear History and Website Data. On the dropdown next to Clear, select All History and click Clear History.(If you see Reset Safari instead, click it, select all options and Reset Safari) Then open Gmail website. Does it open it now ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.
Also on your Mac, go to this website and download the Malwarebyte Anti Malware for your Mac from here --> https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/ Open the Malwarebytes application and click Scan. If it finds any malware/adware, then delete them. Check Gmail. Let me know how it goes.
Expert:  JazzyJ72 replied 8 months ago.
Were you able to successfully get gmail to open in safari browser