Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have to constantly reboot my iPhone 5. Only seems to work

Customer Question

I have to constantly reboot my iPhone 5. Only seems to work when I am connected to the charger and plugged in.n
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Battery is fully charged. Phone constantly goes to black screen. I hold both buttons to reboot.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mac Support Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
You will have to plug it in to your computer and open iTunes then choose the phone then the Summary tab on the left, choose Restore iPhone
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did all that at the Apple store on Saturday Night. It was OK for a while, doing the same thing yesterday and today.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
OH you didn't say that. In that case I would take it back and tell them that it is defective.