GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

My IPad says it is disabled and connect to ITunes, I have Itunes

Customer Question

My IPad says it is disabled and connect to ITunes, I have Itunes open on my PC and the Ipad connected. In Itunes it says to allow access, please respond on your IPad
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Good morning! My name is***** just finished helping someone with a similar problem. I will provide the instructions that worked fro that user. Standard Restore1. Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable.2. Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” and “Home” on your iOS device until it resets.3. When the Apple logo appears release “Sleep/Wake“, but continue to hold the “Home” button until you see the prompt to connect the device to iTunes appear on the screen. The screen will have a USB connector pointing to an iTunes logo.4. Open iTunes if it doesn’t start automatically. A message should appear on the PC that says “There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored”.5. Select “Restore” button on the “Summary” screen.6. When prompted, select “Restore and Update“. This will restore the device to factory default settings.7. Follow the menus to complete the restore. It usually takes about 10 minutes for the process to complete. Be sure to leave the device connected to the computer with iTunes open. Important: Do not interrupt the recovery process!!!Once the restore process is complete, your device should work. If not, you may want to try to manually flash the device with a firmware file using the instructions below.Restore Via IPSW Firmware File1. Click here to download the proper ipsw firmware file for your device. Be sure that you get exactly the right one. There are more than 50 versions. For help identifying the model of iPhone that you have, click here for help identifying it. For ipads, click here, and for ipods, click here.2. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.3. Select the icon for your device in iTunes, then select “Summary” in the left pane.4. Windows users should hold down the “Shift” key and select the “Update” button. Mac OSX users can hold down the “Option” key and select “Update”.5. You will be prompted to select the file you downloaded in step one. Browse to it and select “Open“.6. A dialog box will appear. Select “Restore”.7. iTunes will complete the restore process and you will be prompted to set the device up as a new or restore from a backup.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
If the information that I have provided has helped, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.
Marti, were you able to regain access to your ipad? Please advise.