Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Im trying to open a pages document and its saying the file

Customer Question

im trying to open a pages document and its saying the file is corrupt, truncated, or in an unexpected format.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's not allowing me to open any pages document
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I accidently trashed my iworks file but did not delete it completely
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like you are trying to open a Pages document that was created with a newer version of Pages with an older version. Go to the Apple logo to App Store and check for updates
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if there are updates or not...