Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

This am first time, when I tap on the Pandora icon

Customer Question

This am for the first time, when I tap on the Pandora icon on my IPad mini, the screen flashes a full screen Pandora and then takes me back to my IPad mini app page. I have worked with Apple tech support and they have ruled out a problem with the mini. My mini shows that Pandora is open, but no connection is made.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. Did Apple have you do a reset of the iPad?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I shut it down and waited for about 10 minutes before I restarted it. They are sure the problem is with Pandora.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
I am currently using Pandora on my iPhone so it is isolated to your device. We can try resetting the network settings on your iPad. This will wipe out the WiFi connection, do you know the password ***** re-connect your WiFi?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes I do
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
Try the following: Tap on Settings then go to General. Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset. Tap on Reset Network Settings. Reconnect to your WiFi network and try to open Pandora. Let me know the outcome.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no change. Pandora still crashes
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
OK, this seems to be a software problem between the app and iPad. There is no connection issue the network reset would have cleared that up. Have you tried uninstalling the app?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled 2 times. no change. I thought that I was talking to pandora tech support.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
Pandora does not offer any support for their app. They have a Q&A page but they do not have any live support. I am a computer expert on JustAnswer.com can I work on all types of devices.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
Do you have any pending system updates on your iPad?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is a 4/7/2016 update for pandora. when i open it, pandora flashes on my screen and then it takes me back to the apps page
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
How about your iPad? Is there any pending iOS updates?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have an appointment. I have to leave for about 3 hours.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
OK, you can come back and we can continue to work on your issue.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm back. While I was gone, the IPad was shut down. I just turned it back on and the problem is still there.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
This seems to be a problem with the software on the iPad. At this point I would recommend doing a factory restore of the iPad. Do you backup to iCloud?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is some problem with iCloud and our gmail address.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
OK, the best thing to do is to remove the Pandora app off the iPad. Then do a backup of the iPad to a PC with iTunes installed. Connect the iPad, open iTunes and you will see the iPad details. Click on Backup, then you will need to Reset. On the iPad tap on Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings. The iPad will reboot and walk you through the setup process you will reach the screen. On where to restore select iTunes and have the iPad connected to the PC where the backup was done. Finish the restore and then download the Pandora app again and see if now it works. Let me know.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am totally frustrated. Nothing works and I can no longer open my App icon. I am going to put this away before I throw it through the window.
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
What do you mean? Just remove the app by pressing and holding it until it begins to shake then tap on the X to remove it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was successful in removing the Pandora app. I tried to open the app icon to restore Pandora and the system tells me that I can't open the App icon.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am now successful in downloading Pandora again. I get the same flash screen of Pandora and then back to the app icon page. I am back to where I started this am
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
Then just follow my instructions in wiping the iPad and restoring.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I started all over and followed you instructions. Everything is reset and I dowloaded Pandora again. When I tried to open Pandora it did the same thing it did this am. I am back to square 1. I need to go out to dinner now, so I will be gone until after 9:00
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.
Wow, I am surprised that the reset did not fix the issue. We have tried every solution provided for a app that closes or does not work on a apple device. The last resort is to contact app developer, you can do the following:Find the app in the App Store.Tap the app, then tap Reviews.Underneath App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support. Send them note regarding your issue. You will have to wait to be contacted by the developer make sure to include your email. I know this was not the exact answer you were looking for but we have tried all the solutions normally done for this issue. Let me know if you have any further questions. If you can rate my service and the top it would be appreciated.