Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My AOL emails disappear on my IMac, iPhone, IPad.

Customer Question

My AOL emails disappear on my IMac, iPhone, IPad. Other emails from outside of AOL are OK.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My AOL Inbox will show messages to read but when I open the inbox, it says "folder empty". Test emails I send to my AOL address get downloaded in a second then disappear. I am using an iMac, iPad, iPhone. Same with all three devices.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is*****'m a certified computer professional with 15 years of experience. It would be my pleasure to help you get to the bottom of this. Are you using a web browser like Safari or Google Chrome to access your email on your Apple devices? Or are you using the built-in mail app? It sounds like there may be a filter or rule setup that is causing this, but I need to know how you are accessing your mail so that I can tell you where to look. If you'd like, I can connect to you iMac remotely and work on this while you watch. I've sent an offer for the Premium Service of SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE. This is completely optional. If you prefer, we can just continue here in a question and answer format.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used Safari and Firefox with the same result. I also used the bull in Mail App. Same result.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
Without taking a took at all of your settings for the mail app and for the aol account itself, I can only guess at the problem. Have you looked in your spam folder to see if they are going there by any chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing in all my folders including Spam. Often an email disappears right before my eyes before I can open it. Again AOL emails only and not my other email addresses.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but without looking closely at all of the settings for the aol account, and then testing for viruses, malware, or spyware if there are no problems with the settings, I don't think I can help you. Would you liek for me to "opt out" and open this up to other experts who may want to guess?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's OK. I'll just get my $5 refund. How do I do this?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 year ago.
You can contact***@******.***. Have a nice evening!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your efforts. You as well!