Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I've had my iMac pro which I bought in Rockaway NJ Apple

Customer Question

Hi! I've had my iMac pro which I bought in Rockaway NJ Apple store 9 months ago. This afternoon I heard this terrible hissing sound and as I moved to see what was wrong with my radiator, I found it was my iMac pro that was hissing. It's hissed twice so far today.
I picked it up and could feel air coming out of the bottom in the back of the computer.
Scared me to death. What's wrong?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
Is it a MacBook with a removable battery on the back or is it sealed? First you said MacBook then you said iMac Pro? Which is it please?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 months ago.
If it is an iMac: 1. Shut down the computer. 2. Unplug the computer's power cord. 3. Wait fifteen seconds. 4. Attach the computer's power cord. 5. Wait five seconds, then press the power button to turn on the computer. 6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears. 7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts again at least twice. 8. Release the keys and immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Sign in then restart the normal way