Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How do i sync my new iPod

Customer Question

how do i sync my new iPod
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 8 months ago.
Follow these steps please>Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.>If you have iTunes installed on your computer, follow the directions below to update to the latest version of iTunes.If you don't have iTunes installed on your computer, download the latest version.MacOpen iTunes.From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Check for Updates.Follow the prompts to install the latest version.WindowsOpen iTunes.If the menu bar isn't showing, hold down the Control and B keys to show it. Learn more about the iTunes for Windows menu bar. From the menu bar, choose Help > Check for Updates.Follow the prompts to install the latest version.Connect your device to your computer. Use the included USB cable to connect your device to your computer.Find your connected device.Your device appears in different areas of iTunes, depending on the version of iTunes you have.iTunes 12View your device by clicking on the device's icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.iTunes 11View your device by clicking on the button that shows your device's name in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window. If you're in the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first. If you don't see your device, select View > Hide Sidebar.If you have multiple devices connected to your computer, click the Devices button. Then choose your device from the drop-down menu.iTunes 10 and earlierYour device can be viewed in the iTunes sidebar.Click on your device. After clicking on your device, tabs appear on the left side of the iTunes window under Settings.If you don't have the corresponding content in your iTunes library, some tabs might not appear. For example, if you don't have any podcasts in your library, the Podcast tab won't appear.In addition to Music, Movies, and TV shows your tabs might include:Info: Sync your contacts and calendars.Apps: Manage your apps and file sharing.Podcasts: Sync your podcasts.iTunes U: Sync your iTunes U courses.Books: Sync your books and and PDF documents.Audiobooks: Sync your audiobooks.Tones: Sync your ring(tones) and other alert tones.Photos: Sync your photos. Learn how to sync photos with iTunes. Turn on syncing.iTunes can't sync certain content, including mail accounts, notes, or bookmarks.Turn on syncing. You can turn on syncing for Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Books, Audiobooks, Tones, Photos, and Info. To turn on syncing, click the content type from the list under settings, then click the box next to Sync. If there's a check in the box already, syncing is turned on for that tab. To turn off syncing, uncheck the box.Sync your content. Click the Sync button in the lower-right corner of the screen to sync your content. Only the information in the content list you've enabled syncing for will sync to your computer. If you make any changes to any of the settings, first click Apply.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You have been no help what so ever I click on the iPod on my screen and none of the things you tell me appear on the screen
Do you have iTunes software installed on your computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You haven't done a jthing for me so better not charge me I need to talk to someone on the phone
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
I can help you be remote.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
That is better than the phone because I can show you directly rather than guessing what you are looking at.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This service is totally useless . The things you say will appear on my screen do not happen. This is my sixth iPod. I've never had this much of s problem before syncing my iPod
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
I don't know that unless I can see your screen. Did you see my offer to remote connect? BTW this is Mike I am a new Expert your other expert opted out.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will you guarantee that my iPod will get synced if I take this offer
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed yes.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)ProcessorMemory
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OS X version 10.9.5
Processor 2.6 Ghana Intel core 15
Memory 2.6 ghz Intel core 15
Memory 8 HBO MHz ddr3
Startup disk makintosh hd
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Ok do this to check your drive first then if all is ok Accept the offer and I will remote connect:Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This way way to complicated I have a friend who can sync iti on Saturday I've had apple assistant on the the phone and it was pretty easy to sync the iPod
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
OK I just am thorough if you Accept the offer I will give you instructions so I can connect
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
I'll trust you. OK using the computer that has the issue, go to the link below and click on Join your Session then allow the app to run, if you get a message about "unknown developer" go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy and Allow it to run, then look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=254cfa8f-4b67-4457-936c-d3b547e8abcb
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
One thing you may have missed that has changed since you last had a new iPod is when you plug it in and open iTunes a message will pop up on your iPod that asks if you wan to Trust this computer you have to click Trust before it will be recognized.