Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I recently downloaded a "security" app. It wants my username (given) and passwo

Customer Question

I recently downloaded a "security" app. It wants my username (given) and password. Unfortunately Ive forgotten my password; it is deeply buried in my CONTACTS! How can I access it?
The app was to protect my phone info along with my computer. I was at the Apple Store and paid fee for 1 hr. lession on my Macbook and Iphone. He told me my computer was no longer compatable with my phone. Ive paid approx. $45. to get this app not realizing the consequenses. Its been 5+ days and I've been too sick with the flu to do anything about it. What specific additional would be helpful to you?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
What was the name of the security app? Was it installed on your computer and your iPhone? Also on your computer please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)ProcessorMemory
Expert:  Mike replied 7 months ago.
Do you still need help?