Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Pearl, I'm trying to remove Skype. I dragged it to the trash

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I'm trying to remove Skype. I dragged it to the trash but it doesn't work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to delete this so I can re-install Skype. it tells me that I have Skype open but it's not. I tried to delete the app, which I did, now can't delete the Skype icon from the dock so I can reinstall
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 8 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks