Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I want to reinstall mac os x lion but it wont let me JA:

Customer Question

I want to reinstall mac os x lion but it wont let me
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok i got my laptop from a friend whose dad passed away. He had passwords for everything even downloads and updates. The password ***** thought it was was wrong so i couldnt do any downloads or updates. So i erased the mac od x base system . think i messed up
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Just help lol
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
No the Base system is the Recovery partition. Can you still boot to Recovery HD by restarting and holding the Command - R keys?