Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am putting together a Project in iPhoto - a spiral bound

Customer Question

Hi - I am putting together a Project in iPhoto - a spiral bound photo book. I have set up the whole book but certain of the pics don't show up unless I double click on them. Then they appear. However their original pic in the Photos panel are empty. So they are there - just you can't see them. I am wanting to save the book to a pdf before sending to print - but I can't because the in "all pages" view certain of them are not there - even though they are if I double click - if you know what I mean?!
I really hope you can help me to find out how to make the pics in the Photos panel appear - and explain why some are there and some not. The ones that are not there even have their page no. on them to show where they are placed. I have tried resending the pics from their original sources (a huge mission because they come from a range of sources) but that didn't work either.
Thanks so much
Regards
Margie
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)ProcessorMemory
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Night time in SA - I'll do this in the morn. Thanks!
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OSX Version 10.9.5
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Let's check some things before we begin:Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.