David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

Having trouble getting my mini ipad (modle # ***** Black) back

Customer Question

Having trouble getting my mini ipad (modle # ***** Black) back to factory setting because of passwords and security questions. My great tech man could not get it done and the geek squad was stumped. So on my mini ipad need to get back to factory sittings and get rid of the email***@******.*** which was never set up and hopefully it will fix my new i-pad.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll help with your question.This is a bit ambiguous to me, and hearing that you hired geek squad and a separate tech person who tried and failed I must assume they tried a lot.Can you describe where you are hitting a wall in terms of restoring the iPad? Where are you entering security questions for example? That step is usually when you are resetting your Apple ID, not when trying to restore the iPad to factory settings.Any further information you think is useful would help, I would not like to waste your time by going over ground that has already been covered by other experts. I look forward to your reply and working with you to resolve this to your 100% satisfaction.
Expert:  David replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I have given some time for reply, but worried you haven't got back to me, so to help you I will post an article which has just 4 steps to follow.If the problem you have is not covered by the instructions at this link, please let me know and I'll get back to you.Follow the 4 steps after this link: https://support.apple.com/ht204306