Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.
93256567

My ipad pro was rebooted and now it can't log on. It doesn't

Customer Question

my ipad pro was rebooted and now it can't log on.
It doesn't remember my password.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 9 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.Are you being asked for your Apple ID password, or your PIN code? If the former, your best course of action is to reset the password ***** your account by visiting:http://iforgot.apple.comOnce there, you'll be asked to enter your registered Apple ID email address and to verify your identity. You can verify your identity using either:The alternative email address you regsitered when you setup your account, orThe answers to the security questions you setup when you created your account.At that point, you'll be able to chance your Apple ID password ***** another of your choosing.If you've forgotten your PIN code, you will need to reset the iPad Pro. To do this:Completely power off your iPad.Make sure that the USB end of your device's lightning cable is plugged into your computer, and that you have iTunes open. Then...While powered off, press and hold down the Home button and plug your Lightning cable into the iPad. Continue holding the home button down until the Apple logo appears on-screen.iTunes will prompt you to Restore or Update your iPad; choose restore. NOTE: this process erases your device and restores it to factory settings.After the restore process completes, setup your iPad as you did when you first received it.If you run into any problems or need additional assistance, please let me know!
Hello again! I was just curious if you'd had luck getting back into your iPad Pro, or whether you still needed assistance? I hope the former, but please let me know if you've run into any trouble or have additional questions.