Brent Woolverton
Brent Woolverton,
Experience:  Network Security Analyst at Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida

I was trying to download the update on my husbands IPad air,

Customer Question

I was trying to download the update on my husbands IPad air, and it asked for the passcode, which we didn't remember, not we're locked out from the IPad. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brent Woolverton replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you are having this issue. Unfortunately, it will require you to erase your device with recovery modeIf you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple storeWhile your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.