Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.
93256567

My mac froze and I had been saving my document in pages but

Customer Question

my mac froze and I had been saving my document in pages but pages froze and I had to start my computer and now only an older version of the document isthere
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mac Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was writting an assignment and the computer froze
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 8 months ago.
Hi Lisa! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.If your computer is running OS X 10.7 or newer, your Pages document should be auto-saved every 5 minutes. Try opening your document, and then click on the document title at the top of the window. In the menu which opens, choose the "Browse all versions..." option to see all auto-saved versions of your file. Click on the version of the file you'd like to restore, and then review it to see if that version is newer than the one which was auto-loaded for you following the crash. If yes, great! If you can't find a newer version, I regret that would indicate your file did not auto-save before the crash and some of your data was lost.I hope that helps!