Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

My Air 2 nolonger recognizes my thumb print or pass word

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi Frank,If your Touch ID and passcode are no longer recognized, then your only option is to reset the device.If you've synced with iTunes, use iTunes.If you're signed in to iCloud and Find My iPhone is enabled, use iCloud.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
For example, if you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device:Connect your device to the computer you synced with.Open iTunes. If asked for a passcode, try another computer you've synced with, or use recovery mode.Wait for iTunes to sync your device and make a backup.Once the sync and backup have finished,click Restore [name of your device].When you reach the Set Up screen while restoring your iOS device, tap Restore from iTunes backup.Select your device in iTunes. Look at the date and size of each backup and pick the most relevant one.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Reply back and let me know how you get on, or if you need any further assistance with this.Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi Frank, just checking in on your question. How did things work out for you?