Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I have been working in Technology since 1997, and have a special affinity for Apple devices.

I'm getting a problem with Prallels on my mac ERROR:

Customer Question

Hello, I'm getting a problem with Prallels on my mac ERROR: The specified bundle is invalid
JA: Apple makes such lovely gadgets but they're still computers underneath. That's where the Mac Technician comes in really handy. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mac Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: The bundle does not contain a valid Parallels virtual machine.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.There are a few things which can cause the error you're seeing in Parallels. In order to determine the best way to fix this for you, can you tell me: are you receiving this error when trying to create/run a new virtual machine, or one that was migrated from another "real" computer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had set up parallels, then set up Windows 7, then just copied and pasted files into it. It was working fine before.
Sincere apologies that it has taken me so long to get back to you! Your last reply came in while I was traveling.Here's something we can try:Choose "New" from the Parallels Desktop menubar, then choose "New installation from DVD or image file". In the"Install from:" field please choose "Continue without disk" and click "Continue"Proceed with creating a new Virtual machine to the stage of choosing Name and Location.Check the "Customize settings before installation" check-box and click "Continue".When Configuration window opens click on "Hard Disk 1" and from the "Source" list choose "Choose an image file".In the "Open" window, navigate to the .pvm bundle for your Windows 7 virtual machine, open it, click on .hdd file, open it and locate another .hdd file. Click on it and click "Open"Close Configuration window and click "Continue" to start this Virtual machine. The new Virtual machine should start normally.Please give it a try when you can, and let me know what happens!
Hi: it's been a little while since we last chatted, so I just wanted to check back in and see if you'd had success getting back into your Parallels VM?