Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  if you looking for good answers about mac or any product of apple (ipad, iphones, ect..) contact me
76221641

I just updated my iMac with the latest free update. (It took

Customer Question

I just updated my iMac with the latest free update. (It took several hours as it hadn't been done in a long while). I turned the Mac on this morning and it says the AddressBookSourceSync wants to use the "login" keychain. So...it wants my keychain password. The numbers I had written down for keychain do not work. How can I retrieve my keychain password ***** I can continue this update? Help!
Thank you!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, If you want your default keychain to be unlocked automatically when you log in, synchronize your Keychain Access and account login passwords by doing this:Open Keychain Access by clicking Utilities from the Go menu in the FinderFrom the Edit menu, choose Change Password ***** Keychain "login."Type the former password ***** the account that you are currently logged in to, then click OK.a new window appears; enter the original password ***** in the Current Password ***** the New Password ***** type the password ***** matches your current account password.Re-enter the newer password ***** the Verify field, then click OK.I don't remember my original (former) account password. If this is the case, you'll have to delete the keychain.In Keychain Access, choose Keychain List from the Edit menu.Delete the "login" keychain.Hope this helpThank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Additional information : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203192 if you have a moment kindly rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars below, positive rating are appreciated, if you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help Thank you very much
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
if you have a moment kindly rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars below, positive rating are appreciated, if you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help